Did you know?
In just a single day in libraries in Saginaw...
- Over 1,400 books are checked out
- Approximately 525 people use the computers to fill out forms, file their taxes, look for jobs, and connect with others
- More than 1,500 people walk through our doors for information
- On average, 130 items are shipped from branch to branch so patrons can save time and money
And in a year...
- More than 28,500 people attended programs
- Over 174,000 reference questions were answered
- 9,000 children, teens, and adults participated in the Summer Reading Program
- Over 10,000 ebooks and audio books were downloaded and checked out
The value of library services far exceeds the cost. The average homeowner in the City of Saginaw pays less than $6 per month for library services.
Library Use Value Calculator
What is your library worth to you?
Curious how much the services the library provides you would cost if you had to pay for them directly? To find out, just enter in the lefthand column the number of times you or your family use each service listed down the center in the period of one month. The estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right, and the total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
|Amount||Library Materials & Services||Value|
*Genealogy workshops, author lectures, adult programming